What is an Automated Software Testing?
Software Test automation makes use of specialized tools to control the execution of tests and compares the actual results against the expected result. Usually regression tests, which are repetitive actions, are automated.
Testing Tools not only help us to perform regression tests but also helps us to automate data set up generation, product installation, GUI interaction, defect logging, etc.
Criteria for Tool Selection:
For automating any application, the following parameters should be considered.
- Data driven capabilities
- Debugging and logging capabilities
- Platform independence
- Extensibility & Customizability
- E-mail Notifications
- Version control friendly
- Support unattended test runs
Types of Frameworks:
Typically, there are 4 test automation frameworks that are adopted while automating the applications.
- Data Driven Automation Framework
- Keyword Driven Automation Framework
- Modular Automation Framework
- Hybrid Automation Framework